- Just as I showed with the hands, I'm only going…to unwrap one of the two feet, so that we save time.…Let's go and do that.…Select a few polygons over here, Select Geometry,…select Connected, and go to Select Geometry,…and Hide Unselected.…Excellent, now for feet, it's not all that complicated.…Let me press S to zoom selected.…
What I need to do, the best practice,…is to separate the bottom part of the foot,…and the top part of the foot.…Let's see if I can do that in an easy way.…Select my 3D Polygon, Rectangle Selection,…turn off Only Select Visible Elements,…and I can do this, maybe because it's at an angle,…it doesn't really help, so what I'm going to do this time…is rotate my Orthographic View,…something I did by mistake so many times,…it's time to do it on purpose.…
Let me see the bottom.…I think that for our little purpose, it's not that bad.…I can get rid of a few of these if I wish to…and add a few over here if I wish to.…Good, let me go underneath the foot,…select my UV Polygons and do a Frontal Projection.…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.