- Let's quickly unwrap Muecke's body.…UV Polygons Select, we are in BodyPaint UV Edit layout,…select a few polygons here, select Geometry,…select Connected, and then Hide Unselected, excellent.…The way to unwrap the body, as far as I can see…from the topology, is to cut all the way down the spine.…Move tool, click, Shift, double click,…and let's continue all the way up.…
We have a cut all the way from the top to the bottom.…Excellent, the next thing is go to the Front View,…select a few points, Live selection,…and let's pin a few of them,…and actually I'm going to use a loop selection,…so click and Shift click, Shift click, Shift click.…I rotated again as I usually do by mistake.…View, Frame Default, H to Home.…
Good, I'm going to keep these points and maybe a few more,…just maybe, I want to make sure that it won't create…more problems than it's going to solve.…I'm gonna use these as well and if anything happens,…I'm going to change my selection and reunwrap, excellent.…UV Select All, let's go to our projection.…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.