- Let's do a quick relax for the inner part of the mouth.…So with my UV Polygon selected,…I'm selecting one, and of course,…Select Geometry, Select Connected.…Let's go and see it from this side.…Now remember, the reason why we viewed this from this side…is that we need to do our projection…from the side of the normals, okay,…not the opposite side, but the proper side.…And this is the outer side…of the inner part of the mouth.…Anyway, here it is.…
Move it over here,…and what I want to do is select some points…and fix them,…and the others will relax.…Let's see which points we want to hold hostages.…Okay.…Let me select the ones…which have equal distances.…This one, this one, this one.…These over here.…I want to make my…Live Selection tool a bit bigger.…
These ones need to stay.…I think these are good.…These are good.…Even bigger.…I'm pressing Shift and selecting these.…And I think even this row here is good.…What else, I'll select these, this…this and this.…I need to make sure that I'm actually selecting…points that belong to this.…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.