- No Mookie in this video.…What I'll show you now is,…how do we unwrap a rounded cube, not a straight cube.…So I'll make a cube.…I'll go to my Object tab, fill it,…turn on my lines,…zoom in so I can see what's happening here,…change this to 2,…and make this a bit smaller.…I'm using small numbers so that it's easier…for us to understand what's going on.…Lovely. Let me make it editable.…
I'm gonna select it and press c.…So now it's an editable rounded cube.…Let's follow the rules and see what we'll do.…I'm going to select the bottom,…make it a point selection.…And then, let's go to our Select, Set Selection,…and call this pin.…Excellent. Let's deselect this.…Now let's select our edge and go and start cutting.…
I'm going to cut.…I'm going to use a Loop Selection.…Select, Loop Selection.…And oh, it doesn't go ...…I want it go to this way.…So I will use a Path Selection.…Excellent tool, Path Selection.…You go like this, like this,…and it selects everything.…And I'm going to go halfway.…I'm pressing shift and I'm selecting these.…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.