- I would like to show you…one of the special cases you may come across…when you're unwrapping models…and creating UV maps.…The technique I'm going to use,…I will name it Divide and Conquer.…So I've made a plane, two-dimensional plane,…with 3 by 3 segments, and I will make it editable.…I will drop it under a Subdivision Surface.…And I will select the center polygon,…and press Cmd on my keyboard to make a copy…and make another copy, and make another copy,…and another,…and then I will rotate it,…and move it slightly down, make another copy,…rotate it,…make another copy, and delete the last part.…
There you go.…I'm going to select the Subdivision Surface,…make my Subdivisions 2 and 2, and make it editable.…So, this is the special case.…Let's try a few simple things and see…if we can create a good UV unwrap for this.…Let's go to my UV Edit,…and I'll go to my Top View.…Select all my UV polygons,…set my Frontal Projection,…and go to the Relax UV,…let me give you a bit more space,…and just press Apply.…
As you can see, it is attempting to create a good unwrap,…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.