- Amongst the many interesting things we will learn are the following. Fundamentals of material projections and Texture coordinates, tick. UV maps, what they are, how to create them, edit and troubleshoot them, very important troubleshooting, and generally use them correctly, check. BodyPaint interface, Managers, Attributes & Preferences, check. Painting and editing Tools, painting, editing, check.
External image files, importing, Exporting & image Layer management, you already know that, I guess. Everything about unwrapping UVs. Now, this is very important. 3D Painting, fun. Wizards and witches, nope, no witches, just wizards, and in the end, I will show you project specific workflows, using 3D models, a human face, limbs, fingers and toes, which are extremities of the limbs, by the way, so put limbs and then fingers and, anyway...
animals, monsters, I can actually draw myself. Got a kind of a beard and big ear and I'm bald, yeah, that's me precisely, I'm related to BodyPaint. So animals, monsters, boxes and packaging, yes, and more, double yes. So, this is pretty much what we are going to be doing, and I will try very hard to make it enjoyable, and not only educational.
Let's move on.
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.