- [Instructor] Let's turn our attention to…how we'd use Octane Daylight and Environments.…And first we'll look at using Octane Environments.…In this scenario we want to relight this scene…with an HDRI, and then we want to put this object…on a solid-colored background so you could…imagine it could be like a product render.…So what we can first do is disable…the lighting in this scene.…And if we come over to Objects, we'll choose…an HDRI Environment.…
What that does is it sets up Octane Sky with the…environment tag on.…Inside of that there's an image texture shader.…And so what we can do is click into that,…and it's looking for an HDRI.…So we can come over to the content browser,…search in the presets for HDRI,…and you grab this one perhaps.…I've gone ahead to this website and just downloaded…this one here, and you can do that if you…wanna follow along with me, or just use the one…in the content browser that I suggested.…
So I'm gonna load that in.…And now, we have our HDRI illuminating the scene here.…So we can disable these cubes.…
- What is OctaneRender?
- Framing shots
- Adding materials and lights
- Rendering your first image
- Using the Live Viewer
- Creating Octane materials
- Mixing and blending materials
- Working with lights and cameras
- Rendering objects such as hair, particles, and fog
- Creating render settings presets
- Rendering animation
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CC 2018: VFX Essential Trainingwith Alan Demafiles4h 20m Intermediate
1. OctaneRender for C4D
Why use OctaneRender?3m 19s
2. Octane Quick Start: Rendering Your First Image
3. Understanding the Live Viewer
4. Working with Octane Materials
5. Working with Octane Lights and Cameras
6. Other Octane Objects
7. Rendering with Octane
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.