- There is one particular case that drives everyone crazy,…and when it happens, it's a bit difficult to understand…what's going on, but if you know about it,…it's extremely easy to correct.…Let me show you what it is.…It's called the degenerate polygon syndrome.…I just made that up.…It is a degenerate polygon, anyway.…Degenerate, very difficult word to say, degenerate.…A very strong word as well.…I'm gonna make a plane, one by one, make it editable,…so we have only one polygon.…
Now, I'm gonna do something sneaky.…I'm gonna select these two points…and change the size to 0.01.…Then, I'm going to go to UV Edit,…select UV polygon, and in the Relax UV tab,…I'm gonna press Apply, and it works, no problem.…Let me Undo.…I'm going to go back to this point.…And in my Startup layer, I'm gonna set it to 0.…
I'll go back to my UV Edit, select the same polygon,…and press Apply again, and I'm gonna get this.…Relax UV Error.…There seems to be some degenerate polygons.…And press OK.…The polygon that's selected is the degenerate polygon.…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.