Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Going further with CSS and web standards, part of Making Sense of the CSS Box Model.
- [Morten] As we come to the end of this course, … I hope you have a new found appreciation and understanding … of the CSS box model and all it can do for you. … Now that you see the web for what it is, … a patchwork of boxes, and you know how … to manipulate those boxes and their contents to your liking, … I'm sure you're itching to dive deeper … into the world of CSS and web design. … To this end, we have a long list of great courses right here … in the Lynda.com library. … In particular, I would recommend checking out … James Williamson's epic CSS Fundamentals … and CSS: Selectors courses that will teach you everything … you ever needed to know about CSS itself. … And while you're at it, … you should also check out Val Head's CSS: Animations course … and let James teach you about CSS: Frameworks and Grids. … Finally, I love hearing from you about … how you used what you've learned in my courses. … If you have a question, rant or rave, … or just want to talk about web design, … find me on Twitter at Morten, 'cause that's my name, …
- Designing with boxes
- The origin of the box in typography
- What is the CSS box model?
- Changing the contents within the box
- Floating and clearing content
- Using the clearfix
- Working with Float, Flex, and Grid
- CSS shapes