Review the core concepts of the CSS box model, including techniques such as styling text and images, floating content, using display properties, and positioning elements.
- I'm Morten Rand-Hendriksen and in this course, I'll take you on a journey through the CSS Box Model. We'll start by looking at how boxes make up the web pages we visit every day and how these boxes originate in traditional typography. We'll look at the CSS Box Model in detail exploring things like text styles, display properties, positioning, and beyond. And finally, we'll touch on some CSS tools and techniques that move us beyond the traditional box model and into the future. Having a comprehensive understanding of how the CSS Box Model works is an invaluable asset for web designers and developers alike, and in this course, I'll help you build that understanding through practical, real-world examples and demonstrations. So, let's get crackin' with making sense of the CSS Box Model.
- Designing with boxes
- The origin of the box in typography
- What is the CSS box model?
- Changing the contents within the box
- Floating and clearing content
- Using the clearfix
- Working with Float, Flex, and Grid
- CSS shapes