- [Instructor] In this movie, I'd like to go ahead…and get started with a layout for our site.…And we can do that easily with Susy.…I'm going to go ahead and make the site full-width here,…so we can see it a little bit better.…So the first thing I want to do is actually…to wrap all the content, all the way down…from the site title to this very bottom social menu,…in a wrapper, so that's it's not full screen width…like it currently is.…To do that, Susy gives me something called a container.…
So I'm going to go back over to my layout partial,…and if you remember from our HTML,…I'll just open that up right quick, so we can see it,…I've added this class of wrap here in the header,…and here in the hero section, here in the site-inner.…So if I go ahead and say wrap,…I'm just going to say include container,…and here you can set a specific pixel width.…I'm actually just going to set a percentage,…and we'll say 70%.…
So I'm going to go ahead and save that,…and if we come back and look at this,…we can see that immediately it pulls that text in,…
- Reviewing what Sass is and how it works
- Analyzing workflow options
- Setting up a folder structure
- Adding version control
- Working with package managers
- Setting up a workflow with Grunt
- Scaffolding HTML
- Modularizing a Sass with partials
- Creating a color palette with variables
- Using Font Awesome
- Creating a mobile-first layout
Skill Level Intermediate
CSS to Sass: Converting an Existing Sitewith John Riviello2h 31m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Package Managers
3. Setting Up a Workflow with Grunt.js
4. Scaffolding Your HTML
5. Sass Principles
6. Styling with Sass and Bourbon
7. Responsive Layout Grids with Susy
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.