Learn how to animate your Camtasia-friendly cursor to hide cursor jumps created during editing.
- [Instructor] I'm going to show you…how to animate the cursor in a screencap.…Now, there are some creative uses for this technique…but the main thing I use it for is to fix cursor jumps.…Let me show you what I'm talking about here.…In this first clip, if I play it,…my Sound Properties panel opened up…outside of my capture area and I had to reposition it.…Now, things like this happen from time to time,…a dialog warning pops up…that I really don't want included in the recording…or maybe I forgot to turn off my chat client…and Doug down the hall decides to send me a meme…at an inopportune moment,…things I definitely do not want in my recording.…
Well, I could of course just rerecord it…but sometimes that is a huge hassle…and sometimes, it's just not even possible.…So, I can cut it out, like here, but then I get this.…Watch real close with the cursor.…A cursed cursor jump.…Now, this may not seem like a big deal to you.…I've seen plenty of videos with blatant cursor jumps.…Didn't ruin the tutorial,…but if you're going for a professional look,…
- Adding transitions
- Changing speed after recording
- Removing or replacing a green screen
- Reframing a shot
- Creating advanced animations
- Fixing audio gaps with room tone
- Removing noise
- Leveling volume
- Including music
- Adjusting color
- Adding closed captioning
- Publishing closed captions
- Archiving an entire project
Skill Level Advanced
Camtasia: Advanced Techniqueswith Corbin Anderson3h 11m Advanced
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
Camtasia 9: Creating Instructional Videoswith Kat Anderson1h 10m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready to Edit
2. Editing Deep Dive 1
3. Editing Deep Dive 2
4. Working with Audio
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.