- [Voiceover] In the previous video, I mentioned that…33% of employers who research candidates online…found content that made them more likely to hire…that candidate.…In fact, 23% found content that led them directly…to hiring the candidate.…As the time we spend online continues to increase,…and as more employers look to this method of…researching candidates, we can expect these numbers…to rise.…In this video, we'll take a look at the factors that…contribute to a positive digital footprint, and how…we can help our students to develop one, whether…at school or outside of school.…
In the career-builder survey referenced above,…employers gave some of the following examples of…content making them more likely to hire a candidate.…First, a personality that fits with the company's culture.…Next, information that supported the candidate's…qualifications, conveying a professional image.…Showing passion or a wide range of interests,…great communication skills, creativity, positive remarks…from others, interactions with the hiring company's…
This course helps teachers and students understand the ideas and areas of digital citizenship. Oliver Schinkten describes the impact of our digital footprint. He shows how to participate in online communities, help students deal with cyberbullying, keep computers free of viruses and malware, and safely shop online.
The overall focus of this course is on educators and tips for teaching digital citizenship. But if you use the Internet for any reason—for communication, playing games, online shopping, interacting within communities, or any other reason—it is important to understand digital citizenship. Understanding your rights and responsibilities will help you stay safe and have a better experience online.
- Creating a positive digital footprint
- Addressing cyberbullying
- Joining online communities
- Finding solutions for the digital divide
- Conducting online research
- Maintaining privacy online
- Protecting yourself from viruses and malware
- Buying products online
- Engaging with online reviews