Once the basic gradebook settings in Desire2Learn have been established, the next step is to populate the gradebook with assessment points. This online training video demonstrates how to add gradebook items and categories, and verify gradebook calculations.
- [Instructor] In Setup a Self-Calculating Gradebook,…we cover configuring gradebook settings…which determine how your gradebook…and its calculations will operate.…In this video, we'll cover how to add…specific items to be graded…as well as assign those items into categories.…To begin, go to the Grades tool,…which in our setup is covered here under Assessments.…Once there, choose the area for Manage Grades.…There's nothing in here yet, so we're going to choose New.…Here under this drop-down,…you'll see two options, Item and Category.…
We'll cover categories in a moment,…but for now let's cover Items…which are used when you're setting up something…that plays a major part of the grade calculation,…like a term paper or a project…worth 30% of the final grade, for example.…Begin by choosing Item and then choose the kind…of grade item you want to create.…The top option is Numeric, where you assign a grade item…based on a percentage of the total value achieved,…like 88 points out of 100 or four out of five.…
The second option is the Selectbox option, which you can set…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.