Desire2Learn (D2L) has an expansive range of available quiz question types, ranging from true/false to long answer questions. This online training video covers the most common types of D2L questions, as well as demonstrates the overall process of creating and adding questions to quizzes, regardless of the question type.
- [Instructor] If you plan to teach a course repeatedly…but don't wanta give the same exam every time,…consider creating a Question Library,…which stores usable questions in D2L…without associating them with any specific quiz.…You can then add those questions when you create…or modify individual quizzes.…To work with the Question Library,…start on the course administration page,…scroll down to the assessment section,…and then choose quizzes.…Then choose the option at the top…of the screen labeled Question Library.…
To create a new question, simply select new.…This part of the process is identical…to creating regular quiz questions…so we'll just create a simple true/false question.…We'll add some text,…indicate a correct answer,…and then hit save.…The question is now stored…in our Question Library ready to be used.…So let's head on over to done editing questions,…and then we'll head back into the sample reading quiz…that we created in a previous video.…
Go down again into add and edit questions.…And here's where it gets different.…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.