Automated agents in Desire2Learn (D2L) allow instructors to send emails to students automatically, and are triggered when preset conditions in a course are met. This online training video demonstrates how to set up and format an intelligent agent, and the different functions that intelligent agents can fulfill.
- [Instructor] One of the most useful features of D2L…is the intelligent agents tool.…Intelligent agents are actions you configure…to happen automatically once certain conditions occur.…For our demo, we'll set up an intelligent agent…to automatically email students…if they haven't logged into class for at least a week.…To set up an intelligent agent,…start here on the Course Administration page.…Then, scroll down to the Communication section…where you'll see the option for Intelligent Agents.…Give it a click.…
To create a new agent, select New.…The first step is to give your agent a name,…such as Course Login.…After this, you can give it a brief description…if you'd like, which is useful…if you plan to have many different agents…for many different purposes.…To activate the agent, make sure agent is enabled…is selected, though you may want to wait…on this step until you've set up the agent specifics.…Next, you designate what type of users…will be associated with this agent.…
TAs, observers, or students for example.…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.