The course news module of Desire2Learn (D2L) is its main way of posting course announcements, activity descriptions, and other important communication with students. This online training video covers how to create, edit, manage, and delete news announcements, as well as the different kinds of announcements teachers can post.
- [Instructor] The announcements widget…is often the first thing a user sees when opening D2L,…so it plays a critical role in keeping students up to date…on a course's headlines and deadlines.…To create a new announcement, simply select…the dropdown menu immediately to the right…of the announcement module header…and then select new announcement.…This takes you to the main interface for posting content.…At the top, you can find a placeholder…for the announcement headline.…We'll put in something simple like welcome.…This will then appear at the top of the posting.…
Immediately below this is the content section,…where you can type out the text,…or in this case, just paste it in.…Next, you'll find availability options.…By default, the start date will be selected…to appear on the student's feed,…but if you want that information hidden,…simply uncheck the box.…You can also schedule a start date…so that posting won't actually display in the student feed…until you want them to appear.…Similarly, you can select a date…for an announcement to be removed,…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.