Desire2Learn (D2L) provides a robust range of options for customizing the appearance of a course, including color schemes, module size, and graphics. This online training video covers how to customize the navbar in a D2L course, personalize your course navigation, and apply a theme to D2L.
- [Instructor] The course navigation bar in D2L…is the horizontal bar you see at the top of the screen,…that contains links to various course components,…including discussion boards, quizzes, submission assignments…or any other feature D2L can offer.…Usually you'll inherit a default navigation bar…from your institution,…but if you're building one from scratch…or want to customize an existing navigation bar,…here's how you take that step.…First, go to the Course Admin page…and then select Navigation and Themes.…
Then select Create Navbar.…On the main navbar creation page,…give your navbar a title.…We'll call ours Sample Navbar…and then add a description, if you'd like.…The next step is to add links to your navigation bar.…So choose Add Links.…Most likely you're going to be adding system links…or links that have already been created.…We'll choose System Links…and let's say we wanna add a link to the Assignments folder,…the Course Administration page, the Discussion Board feature…which is here, and the Quizzes feature.…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.