The ePortfolios function of D2L allows students to organize course artifacts into presentations of collections, which can then be shared with other users. In this online training video, Alan Ackmann takes users through the main features of ePortfolios and their value in a course.
- [Instructor] Unlike most other elements of D2L,…ePortfolios aren't managed at the instructor level,…they're managed at the user level,…so we're actually here…in one of our student profiles.…While you can create your own ePortfolio…as an instructor, if you would like,…this clip is mostly about helping you…understand how ePortfolios function…so you can decide how best to use them.…To access the portfolios tool,…instruct students to click on ePortfolio…in the main banner of their homepage,…or wherever you've provided access.…
The default ePortfolios tab…is divided into several areas.…First is a What Are You Learning text field,…which functions like a notepad,…where students can jot down reflections or insights,…archiving a learning experience in real time.…Below this, you've got an announcements area,…which lists and archive a student's…most recent D2L portfolio creations.…In the right hand side of the screen,…you've got the Build your ePortfolio area,…where students have some quick start links…to create either new presentations or new collections.…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.