The gradebook feature of Desire2Learn (D2L) provides a range of options for presenting individual feedback outside of calculated numeric scores. This online video training describes how to provide customized feedback on individual gradebook assignment items, whether individually or for a group, as well as how to log public or private feedback for individual students, and how to preview the gradebook from a student's point of view.
- [Instructor] Once you've set up a grade book in D2L,…it's time to use it to its fullest,…allowing your students to track their grades and progress.…We're going to talk about providing feedback in a grade book…in two ways.…First, on individual assignments…and second on overall course performance.…With individual assignments like this one,…our term paper assignment,…if you've already associated a submission folder…with a grade book item and provided feedback…within that submission folder,…the feedback will automatically populate…the grade book item here.…
In other words, any scores, comments,…or rubric-based input will automatically appear…associated with the individual items.…If a grade book item isn't already populated, though,…select the dropdown arrow next to the grade book item…and then choose Grade All.…From here, you can input scores from top to bottom…down your D2L roster.…This item pulls from settings you established…when you first set up the grade book…so if you're using a numeric percentage,…just put in the overall student's score,…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.