In addition to being a method for collecting student work, the submission folders of Desire2Learn (D2L) also lets teachers provide students with different types of feedback. This online video training demonstrates how to provide Dropbox commentary, rubric-based scoring, and audio or video feedback without leaving the D2L Dropbox, and also covers how to upload documents and files for Dropbox access.
- [Instructor] In addition to just collecting assignments,…D2L submission folders are useful for providing…feedback in a way that is secure and also compliant…with federal guidelines governing student privacy.…To provide feedback, begin by selecting…a desired folder which will take you…to a new submissions field.…To view the dropbox for an individual user,…just click on that user's submission…or move over here to the evaluate command.…This will take you to that user's…individual submission interface.…
The first thing I usually do next is download…the individual file.…You can see the submission here in the window…and if it isn't anything too complicated, that's fine.…But as you can see when I open up the file,…the options for providing in-document feedback…within D2L are fairly limited.…It's basically just a PDF viewer.…So it's easier to download a document…and then provide any feedback using Track Changes…which can then be re-uploaded later.…Over here, you can see the feedback pane itself.…
The top half of the pane basically re-establishes…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.