Almost every individual component in Desire2Learn (D2L)—such as quizzes, lesson materials, discussion boards, and content modules—can be created before a course begins and then scheduled to appear whenever the instructor chooses. This video clip covers identifying what components would be useful to schedule, and how to manage the availability options for course materials.
- [Narrator] If you want to simplify things…during the busy months of a course,…take advantage of the scheduling features of D2L…which will let you develop components in advance…and release them whenever you choose.…You can schedule almost any component with D2L,…and the setup is basically the same.…So, we're just gonna schedule this reading quiz.…The easiest way to do this, assuming that…we've got the quiz available on the content tab,…is just to hover the drop-down arrow…next to the content item and then select…Edit Properties in place.…This'll free up the dates in editing,…and when we click here on the start date,…it brings up a field.…
We can put in any date we want or click on it again,…and it pulls up a calendar interface.…Now, you can manage three different fields in this way:…the start date, the due date, and the end date.…Start date indicates when the component will be available.…Due date indicates when it's due.…And end indicates when the item is no longer available.…Now, when you select end date,…it means that users will no longer…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.