Anonymity in an online course with Desire2Learn (D2L) can be greatly reduced through use of the user profile page, which can display biographical information and a user avatar. This online training video covers setting up and enabling a user profile, and the implications of different settings within a course.
- [Instructor] One way to establish yourself…as a unique classroom presence is to complete…and draw attention to your D2L profile.…Begin by selecting your name in the upper…right hand corner of the screen.…In the dropdown menu, select profile.…This takes you to a page…where you can add some things about yourself.…One of the most immediately useful things to do…is to add an image to use as your avatar,…which you can do by selecting change picture here.…You can then upload an image, either from your file explorer…on your computer, or through your stored D2L locker.…
Once you've uploaded the image, simply select add,…and it'll appear there.…You can also add any social networking information,…as well as basic contact information,…like campus phone number and address,…though I wouldn't recommend including…any personal contact information.…Depending on how your institution has set up D2L,…you may even have fields to drill down further…so that you can list things like favorite hobbies,…books, TV shows, and other trivia,…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.