Students submitting work via the Dropbox feature on Desire2Learn (D2L) have several options at their disposal to ensure the process goes smoothly. This online training video demonstrates how to submit an assignment or activity, upload documents and comments, confirm that documents have been submitted properly, and retrieve feedback once assignments have been graded.
- [Instructor] The submissions folders in D2L…are a big improvement over just emailing assignments,…since they centralize everything into a single location,…which is much easier to manage.…Submitting files can be stressful on students though,…so this video will walk you through how the process behaves…from your students' point-of-view.…Let's start with how to find submission folders.…Most students will go directly to the assignments tool,…which will show the master list of folders…that you've set up and made available.…Students will find the one they need and then select it.…
If there's a rubric or learning objective associated…with the assignment,…it will be displayed here at the top,…along with the description of any dropbox expectations,…whether you want a specific naming convention or file type.…When students scroll down to add file,…it will pull up a conditional window…where they can either drag or drop files,…or open a file explorer, D2L file locker,…or shared dropbox or ePortfolio option.…I'll upload a file from File Explorer now.…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.