The Desire2Learn (D2L) attendance tool is a simple course management feature that allows teachers to track whether students are absent, tardy, present, or excused from a class. Alan Ackmann demonstrates how to create attendance schemes and attendance registers in D2L, as well as how to input attendance data.
- [Instructor] The attendance tool in D2L serves…the same purpose as a paper-based ledger…but also has some helpful enhanced features.…To find the attendance tool, click on the attendance link…here from the course administration area.…Once inside, you'll see two options:…attendance registers and attendance schemes.…The attendance register is where…you'll design your attendance log.…How many days in the class, for example.…In attendance schemes, however, you'll set up…the system you'll actually be using,…like whether you're logging simple attendance…or tracking tardies, excused absences, or early departures.…
That's where setting up attendance really begins.…So let's start with attendance schemes.…At some institutions, you'll see prebuilt schemes…like these populating this area by default.…You can see here what percentage of credit…will be given for a particular attendance designation.…If you're building from scratch however, though,…you begin by selecting new scheme.…From here, you can name the attendance scheme…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.