The calendar tool in Desire2Learn (D2L) is a convenient way to communicate due dates and syllabus information, which can be displayed in multiple places within D2L. This online training video covers important tips on how to set up a course calendar, add and delete calendar items, and configure the calendar display, helping students easily manage deadlines.
- [Instructor] The D2L course calendar…allows students to track upcoming deadlines…or almost any element of your course.…If the widget is active on your homepage,…you have two main ways of looking at the content,…either by looking at the specific date…which appears on the monthly calendar,…or by looking at upcoming events.…So basically you have a choice…of viewing by time or by activities.…We don't have any content there just yet,…so let's fix that.…To add content, select the calendar link…at the top of the widget.…
This will take you to an expanded version…of the calendar tool.…The first thing to point out here…is that this calendar does not just display information…from a single class, it displays information…and calendar items for all courses and sections…associated with your D2L profile.…So if you're teaching three classes at a time,…you'll have all three classes displayed.…Similarly, when your students use the calendar,…all of their classes show up in a single view.…If you want to filter out certain courses, though,…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.