In this video, learn how generative design has already been applied to solve real-world problems in the industry. This allows you to speculate on how this technology may impact your industry and career in the future.
- Generative design combines the best of human intuition … and creativity with the best of computer automation … and management of complexity. … The framework of generative design is exciting … because it can help humans, … synthetic thinking humans … to balance a huge number of different goals … and data and inputs for a design. … And so this kind of human use of the technology, … where the human remains in control, … but uses the technology to kind … of augment their own abilities … to compensate for some of their weaknesses of blind spots … is what I think is most exciting about generative design. … We started working with the aerospace company, Airbus, … and the idea for this project was … to create a lighter weight airplane part. … In this case, we were working on a partition … which is the dividing wall between the seating area … of a plane and the galley of a plane. … And here's actually one of the finished parts … of a whole partition that we designed. … This is a, basically about a seven-foot wall. …
- What is generative design?
- Generative design examples
- Designing the design space
- Measuring performance
- Optimizing the design
- Evaluating the design space
- Tools for simulation, scripting, and more
Skill Level Intermediate
Grasshopper: Generative Design for Architecturewith Walter Zesk3h 15m Intermediate
Revit and Dynamo for Interior Designwith William Carney4h 57m Intermediate
What you should know1m 41s
1. Foundations of Generative Design
2. Generative Design in Industry
3. Anatomy of Generative Design
4. Tools for Generative Design
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.