In this video, learn how to use parametric design to create flexible design models that can be used to generate a large number of design solutions. This allows you to accelerate design workflows and enable new kinds of solutions not possible through traditional design methods.
- Now that we've covered some of the foundations … of generative design, let's dive deeper … into the key technologies that make it work. … The first step of the generative design process is … to create a generative model … which can create many possible variations of a design … within the constraints of a given design problem. … For this, we rely on parametric design tools which allow us … to represent the design not as static objects, … but as a series of relationships … that represent the process of making those objects … based on a set of parameters. … For example, let's say you wanted to design a cup. … In a traditional modeling software, … you might start with making a cylinder … using a standard geometry type included in the software. … But if you wanted to change anything … about the cylinder later on, … you would have to modify it manually … or completely rebuild it from scratch. … In the parametric approach, … instead of modeling the geometry directly, … you would model the steps you took to create the geometry. …
- What is generative design?
- Generative design examples
- Designing the design space
- Measuring performance
- Optimizing the design
- Evaluating the design space
- Tools for simulation, scripting, and more
Skill Level Intermediate
Grasshopper: Generative Design for Architecturewith Walter Zesk3h 15m Intermediate
Revit and Dynamo for Interior Designwith William Carney4h 57m Intermediate
What you should know1m 41s
1. Foundations of Generative Design
2. Generative Design in Industry
3. Anatomy of Generative Design
4. Tools for Generative Design
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.