In this video, learn the foundational tools for a parametric design used in the industry today. As computation and automation begin to play a greater role in the design industry, knowledge of these tools is a sought after skill.
- Now that we've seen how generative design works, … let's take a look at the tools we can use … to start integrating this process … into our design workflows. … The first step of the generative design process … is to build a generative model … which has a set of parameters … which can be varied to create a large variety … of possible solutions to a given design problem. … To create a generative model, … we use a parametric design software, … which allows us to represent our design approach … as a series of operations … and expose the right parameters to control the model. … Now many computer-aided drafting or CAD software … support parametric design to some extent, … as a way to allow designers to develop dynamic relationships … between elements in their models … and make quick changes to the model … by changing the values of the parameters. … Solid modeling software, like SolidWorks CATIA, … Inventor, and Fusion, allow designers … to build highly accurate models of physical objects …
- What is generative design?
- Generative design examples
- Designing the design space
- Measuring performance
- Optimizing the design
- Evaluating the design space
- Tools for simulation, scripting, and more
Skill Level Intermediate
Grasshopper: Generative Design for Architecturewith Walter Zesk3h 15m Intermediate
Revit and Dynamo for Interior Designwith William Carney4h 57m Intermediate
What you should know1m 41s
1. Foundations of Generative Design
2. Generative Design in Industry
3. Anatomy of Generative Design
4. Tools for Generative Design
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.