In this video, learn the four basic components of the generative design process and how they can be implemented within a design workflow. This enables you to integrate these workflows within your design practices and prepare for the changes that future automation technologies can bring to the design industries.
- Generative design is not a new piece of software, … but a new design approach where you work with a set of tools … to describe a design problem to the computer. … The computer then generates many possible solutions … and helps you find the best ones. … With this approach, you can automate the most routine … and repetitive aspects of your design process. … It also allows you to think outside the box in a way … because it shows you many more solutions … than you could've come up with using a traditional process … in a much shorter amount of time. … This means you can devote more time … to the most creative aspects of your work, … like framing the design problem … and developing unique strategies for solving it. … Generative design is a powerful tool … for any design practice, … and building these workflows requires gaining new skills, … such as parametric modeling, computer simulation, … optimization algorithms, and data visualization. … Although learning all these tools … may seem daunting at first, …
- What is generative design?
- Generative design examples
- Designing the design space
- Measuring performance
- Optimizing the design
- Evaluating the design space
- Tools for simulation, scripting, and more
Skill Level Intermediate
Grasshopper: Generative Design for Architecturewith Walter Zesk3h 15m Intermediate
Revit and Dynamo for Interior Designwith William Carney4h 57m Intermediate
What you should know1m 41s
1. Foundations of Generative Design
2. Generative Design in Industry
3. Anatomy of Generative Design
4. Tools for Generative Design
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.