In this video, learn where generative design is headed and how advances in computation and machine learning can lead to new capabilities in design automation. This enables you to not only incorporate generative design into your current workflows but also anticipate how these technologies may mature in the near future.
- Now that we've covered the foundations … of generative design, … let's take a quick look at where this technology is headed. … One promising direction is incorporating … real-time user feedback into the optimization process. … With current generative design workflows, … you have to specify everything … about the model's objectives and constraints … before the optimization is run. … With real-time user feedback, … you can interact with the optimization process, … and steer the algorithm … towards preferred design solutions, … even if they're not represented … by the objectives and constraints. … This will allow the optimization process … to react to user preferences, … which are difficult or impossible to quantify … with computational methods … such as your aesthetic preferences. … For example, if you're designing a car, … not only could you optimize it for performance, … but also towards a more vintage or modern style. … Another exciting potential development … is incorporating the generative design process …
- What is generative design?
- Generative design examples
- Designing the design space
- Measuring performance
- Optimizing the design
- Evaluating the design space
- Tools for simulation, scripting, and more
Skill Level Intermediate
Grasshopper: Generative Design for Architecturewith Walter Zesk3h 15m Intermediate
Revit and Dynamo for Interior Designwith William Carney4h 57m Intermediate
What you should know1m 41s
1. Foundations of Generative Design
2. Generative Design in Industry
3. Anatomy of Generative Design
4. Tools for Generative Design
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.