In this video, the instructor discusses the contacts database. Having companies in your database is just the starting point—you also need to have the names of the people who work there with a focus on gaining information about the decision makers and influencers. Here, learn how to analyze your contacts database to know if you're correctly set up to run productive and impactful marketing activities.
- [Instructor] In this video, we will discuss contacts.…As you probably already guessed,…we won't be talking or writing…or inviting companies, but people.…So having the companies in our database…is but the starting point.…What we need is to have the names…of the people who work there.…Having their phone number, their email address, their title,…and of course, focus on having information…about the decision makers and influencers or, in short,…the people who will help us win the business there.…
Let's take a minute here to see how our data is organized,…and how it impacts the analysis of our contacts.…Let's take a concrete example.…Let's say in our database we have two accounts.…Company A and B.…And let's say Company A has two contacts, John and Melissa.…And let's say Melissa is the decision maker.…If I just look at the numbers, then I have two accounts…and two contacts and if I simplistically compare them,…I can be led to believe I have enough contacts…because I have the same number…of contacts as I have accounts.…
- Evaluating marketing's business contribution
- Analyzing results vs. vanity metrics
- Extracting raw data to build dashboards
- Reducing human errors
- Analyzing marketing activities
- Linking actions to business impact
- Analyzing your account database and contacts database
- Analyzing paid ads and social media
- Using a common framework to analyze marketing activities
- Analyzing individual marketing activities over time
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Marketing Cycle and Business Contribution
2. Analyzing Marketing Activities
3. Improving Marketing Performance Using the Natural Selection Process
Next steps2m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.