In this video, Walter presents an actual working concept and proposal from a script to screen project he produced called "Water Science with Wade." Created in the style of “Bill Nye the Science Guy,” this video series was developed for the largest school district in the state of Georgia to help teach elementary school water science. Here's an actual example of the working concept in action.
- Here's a look at the working concept…and other details from Water Science with Wade.…As mentioned previously, the original concept…from our client was a straight up, more or less,…talking head educational video…following water from the source to the home.…I thought it was kind of boring for our classroom audience.…So after kicking around a bit, our working concept was…to create a children's show for the classroom,…fun, fast science.…So of course the concept of Bill Nye Science Guy…was an obvious choice to emulate for this project.…
It was also very easy for my client to…understand what we were about to produce…since that series is so well known.…This would be something a bit more complex…than originally requested, but much more fun…and effective for the kids.…Now the school district required us to include no less…than three curriculum water science standards in each video.…We could use more, but the minimum was three.…And we had anywhere from 15 to 25 standards…based on the grade level to choose from,…and the choice was ours which to choose.…
- Completing a client assessment
- Discerning between client needs versus wants
- Developing a working concept
- Creating time and crew assessments
- Coming up with the budget
- Presenting the proposal
- Revising the budget
- Knowing when to walk away
Skill Level Intermediate
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Intermediate
Script Writing for Nonfiction Videowith Amy DeLouise1h 46m Intermediate
1. Client Assessment
Client need vs. want1m 55s
2. Concept Development
3. Prebudget Production Planning
4. Putting the Budget Together
5. Presenting Your Budget and Proposal
6. Revising the Budget
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.