- Describe when you would use a PivotTable.
- List the things you need to do prior to creating a PivotTable.
- Explain the benefits of creating an Excel table before creating a PivotTable.
- Describe a conceptual representation of the value field.
- Cite the reason you should periodically refresh a PivotTable.
Skill Level Beginner
- [Chris] Once you learn PivotTables in Excel, there's no going back. Stuff that took you a long time to do with formulas will literally only take a few seconds with PivotTables. Maybe you've heard of PivotTables and thought that they sounded daunting, or maybe you've stumbled onto them and had difficulty. Well, you've come to the right place. Because in this course we'll give you a simple beginner's guide to PivotTables.