In this video, Walter shows how to export a PDF file from Showbiz Budgeting so that you can have both the budget summary and a line itemized budget that are clean without hundreds of blank lines of information.This video is specific to those using Showbiz Budgeting software.
- [Narrator] Oddly enough there's no way…to just export a PDF directly from Showbiz.…It's set up to work with other accounting…and spreadsheet type software.…And for my purposes and probably your purposes…a PDF is all you want to give to the client.…So the way you create the PDF…is actually using the Print command.…So we're going to go to Print…and there's a couple of things on this page…that you need to know so that you don't end up printing…a really long document.…First thing we're going to do is come down here.…You notice that all of the categories are selected…over here on the left.…
So if I go ahead and create a PDF right now…we're going to have hundreds of empty lines…of information and pages and pages of nothing…and that's just annoying and it's also a waste of paper.…So what we want to do is we only want to print the lines…that we're actually using in the budget…so it's a nice clean budget.…So the first thing we're going to do down here at the bottom,…I'm going to say to hide the inactive account.…So basically any lines of information…
- Completing a client assessment
- Discerning between client needs versus wants
- Developing a working concept
- Creating time and crew assessments
- Coming up with the budget
- Presenting the proposal
- Revising the budget
- Knowing when to walk away
Skill Level Intermediate
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Intermediate
Script Writing for Nonfiction Videowith Amy DeLouise1h 46m Intermediate
1. Client Assessment
Client need vs. want1m 55s
2. Concept Development
3. Prebudget Production Planning
4. Putting the Budget Together
5. Presenting Your Budget and Proposal
6. Revising the Budget
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.