In this video, Walter shows the exercise files you can use to follow along with the budgeting process he'll perform in the next few videos. There are files for word processing, spreadsheet, and Showbiz Budgeting software. He also gives an overview on how the spreadsheet template operates, including the production fee and insurance fee calculations.
- [Walter] We're now ready to assemble the budget…based on all the information we discussed…in the previous three chapters.…As I mentioned earlier here are the exercise files and…templates you can use if you'd like to create the budget…along with me as we go through this chapter…with or without using Showbiz Software.…The Water Science with Wade Production Plan contains…all the information we discussed in chapter three.…The project timeline, the crew, the equipment,…and the travel and the catering and all the extras.…
Then you can see at the end I've actually…tallied up all the time required for…the crew, equipment, and extras where necessary.…We're going to be transferring…all of this equipment over to the budget.…You can also see where we've given you…four versions of the template.…There is a Word template, a PDF,…there's a Excel, and then the Showbiz budget.…You can use any of these to follow along.…I want to show you in the Excel template…there are some basic computations that will…generate some of the of the extra fees for…
- Completing a client assessment
- Discerning between client needs versus wants
- Developing a working concept
- Creating time and crew assessments
- Coming up with the budget
- Presenting the proposal
- Revising the budget
- Knowing when to walk away
Skill Level Intermediate
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Intermediate
Script Writing for Nonfiction Videowith Amy DeLouise1h 46m Intermediate
1. Client Assessment
Client need vs. want1m 55s
2. Concept Development
3. Prebudget Production Planning
4. Putting the Budget Together
5. Presenting Your Budget and Proposal
6. Revising the Budget
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.