A creative project is not just made up of production time. There are client meetings, casting, review cycles, and other elements that make up a project. In this video, Walter presents how to create a good working project timeline using an actual project he produced from script to screen. Sometimes it's best to go backward.
- A project is not just made up of production time.…There are client meetings, casting and review cycles,…and other elements that make up a project.…Laying out a rough project timeline…makes it easy to accurately calculate the cost…for all personnel and equipment needed for the project.…The easiest way to work out the project timeline…is actually to work backwards from the delivery deadline.…You see that's a fixed point in time…that you can't move.…The best way to talk through this is to simply show you…the planning for Water Science with Wade.…
Now, I'm old school and when doing a project timeline…I'll actually take out a blank calendar…and write out all of this first.…It's quick, it's easy, I can erase and redraw the timeline…before I actually commit it to the computer.…So for Water Science with Wade the deadline was August 6th.…I was submitting the budget around early April,…so the turnaround was going to be pretty quick.…Because of the quick turnaround and the fact…that we would have to shoot so many quick scenes,…
- Completing a client assessment
- Discerning between client needs versus wants
- Developing a working concept
- Creating time and crew assessments
- Coming up with the budget
- Presenting the proposal
- Revising the budget
- Knowing when to walk away
Skill Level Intermediate
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Intermediate
Script Writing for Nonfiction Videowith Amy DeLouise1h 46m Intermediate
1. Client Assessment
Client need vs. want1m 55s
2. Concept Development
3. Prebudget Production Planning
4. Putting the Budget Together
5. Presenting Your Budget and Proposal
6. Revising the Budget
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.