In this video, learn to navigate the fact that not all marketing actions generate measurable results. It’s a complexity that everyone needs to manage. When launching a marketing activity, you could see immediate results, but in every activity, there’s a side of it that is contributing to your performance, but indirectly.
- [Instructor] In this video, we'll be reviewing…how to handle the fact that not all marketing actions…generate measurable results,…and that's a complexity that we all need to manage.…When launching a marketing activity,…you could see immediate results.…But in every activity there is a side of it…that is contributing to your performance but indirectly.…Let's take the example of events.…Imagine you're sending out invitations to 1,000 people…every quarter to invite them to your event.…
A small portion of those will ultimately come.…Others receive the invitation and,…while they do not respond to it or come to the event,…they're seeing that you organize every quarter an event…and that builds credibility.…Let's imagine that at the same time your sales team…engages with one of those people that get your invitation…but never comes and tries to schedule a meeting…to present your company's offering.…The credibility built over time by inviting that person…to your events, might tip the scale…in your sales team's favor.…
- Evaluating marketing's business contribution
- Analyzing results vs. vanity metrics
- Extracting raw data to build dashboards
- Reducing human errors
- Analyzing marketing activities
- Linking actions to business impact
- Analyzing your account database and contacts database
- Analyzing paid ads and social media
- Using a common framework to analyze marketing activities
- Analyzing individual marketing activities over time
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Marketing Cycle and Business Contribution
2. Analyzing Marketing Activities
3. Improving Marketing Performance Using the Natural Selection Process
Next steps2m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.