As with the planning process before we created the budget, in this video Walter discusses the importance of reviewing and revising your proposal and budget before you present it to the client. You not only want to ensure the accuracy of the information provided, but also want to ensure you're presenting you and your company in the most professional manner possible.
- Your budget is done…and your proposal is ready to send to the client.…Now before you send it, review and revise as necessary.…Do not skip this part of the process.…Is everything included in the budget?…Look through your budget to ensure that…absolutely everything you can possibly think of is included.…Have trusted employees and colleagues…look through the budget as well…and let them offer input.…Are the numbers correct?…Look through the budget,…checking to ensure that all calculations are correct,…the rates are current, the amount of people,…equipment and days, that's all correct,…everything else about the budget is correct.…
If you're not using a spreadsheet or specialty software,…make sure your math is correct.…Is the proposal clear?…Read your proposal out loud…to ensure it's clear and makes sense.…Reading out loud is like reading a script.…If something doesn't make sense,…you'll hear it when you read it.…I let trusted colleagues and sometimes my wife…read through my proposals to ensure they're clear…and they make sense.…
- Completing a client assessment
- Discerning between client needs versus wants
- Developing a working concept
- Creating time and crew assessments
- Coming up with the budget
- Presenting the proposal
- Revising the budget
- Knowing when to walk away
Skill Level Intermediate
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Intermediate
Script Writing for Nonfiction Videowith Amy DeLouise1h 46m Intermediate
1. Client Assessment
Client need vs. want1m 55s
2. Concept Development
3. Prebudget Production Planning
4. Putting the Budget Together
5. Presenting Your Budget and Proposal
6. Revising the Budget
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.