In this video, Walter reminds you of the importance to stop, review, and revise everything you've created in your project timeline and production plan. Taking a little time to review everything you've created to this point allows you to spot anything you may have missed, which would cut into your profit margin.
- Well now that you have everything planned out…and ready to create your budget,…it's time to review and revise.…Look, review every element of your planning,…and revise as necessary.…Now as we did with the project timeline,…have a trusted colleague review…everything you've planned for…to offer input and suggestions.…If you have the time, let this sit overnight,…and come back with fresh eyes in the morning.…You know, I did a project once where I was doing a sizzle…for an original cooking show.…
You know what I forgot?…The cooking studio.…Those things are expensive.…And luckily I had a colleague who is a line producer,…she looked at it and said, "You know what you forgot?…"The cooking studio."…Had I not gone back and revised and reviewed this thing,…I would have forgotten that,…and that would have been expensive.…Taking the time to review and revise your production plan…helps to ensure you don't leave off little,…or maybe big things off the budget.…That can eat into your profit.…
- Completing a client assessment
- Discerning between client needs versus wants
- Developing a working concept
- Creating time and crew assessments
- Coming up with the budget
- Presenting the proposal
- Revising the budget
- Knowing when to walk away
Skill Level Intermediate
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Intermediate
Script Writing for Nonfiction Videowith Amy DeLouise1h 46m Intermediate
1. Client Assessment
Client need vs. want1m 55s
2. Concept Development
3. Prebudget Production Planning
4. Putting the Budget Together
5. Presenting Your Budget and Proposal
6. Revising the Budget
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.