Creating a standard proposal template makes you look more professional and allows you to create new proposals much more quickly and easily. In this video, Walter presents an example of a proposal format that he uses. It's simple but conveys the necessary information to the client easily and efficiently.
- [Instructor] Creating a standard proposal template…does two things.…It makes you look more professional, and it allows you…to create new proposals much more quickly and easily.…Here's a look at my standard proposal template.…Now you'll find it in your exercise files, chapter five,…client proposal template.…Put your company name and contact info at the top.…It's funny how many people just don't do that.…I like a letterhead, but at the very least you should have…your name up there, company name, phone number,…obviously email address,…just your basic contact information.…
Always include the date of the proposal.…Now this is especially important as you get into revisions,…and you should add the words revision one,…revision two, revision three, and so on, as you go along.…I like to include the company name, and the name…of the project at the top, that's either my name…of the project or the client's name of the project.…And right below that, here's a one line, basically…the elevator pitch of what it is we're producing.…
- Completing a client assessment
- Discerning between client needs versus wants
- Developing a working concept
- Creating time and crew assessments
- Coming up with the budget
- Presenting the proposal
- Revising the budget
- Knowing when to walk away
Skill Level Intermediate
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Intermediate
Script Writing for Nonfiction Videowith Amy DeLouise1h 46m Intermediate
1. Client Assessment
Client need vs. want1m 55s
2. Concept Development
3. Prebudget Production Planning
4. Putting the Budget Together
5. Presenting Your Budget and Proposal
6. Revising the Budget
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.