In this video, the instructor discusses the pros and cons of using a simpler approach to build your marketing dashboards. The approach leverages the reporting tools already present in most, if not all, marketing tools. This approach is great for companies that are getting started with tracking their marketing performance.
- In this video,…we'll discuss the pros and cons of using a simpler approach…to building your marketing dashboards.…An approach that leverages the reporting tools…already present in most if not all marketing tools.…This approach is great for companies that are…getting started with tracking their marketing performance.…At the beginning you need to test out your reports…to make sure people adopt them as their own.…And to do that,…you need to make sure your dashboards are useful to them…as much as they should be useful to you.…
The only way to get there is to present a first report…and host your first marketing review.…Once you get all the feedbacks,…you'll be able to prepare the 2.0 version of your report.…Let's review now the pros and cons…of leveraging the reporting capabilities…of your marketing tools,…instead of building it all in house.…The pros are,…you don't need to be skilled in Excel,…and definitely don't need to know any database tool…to get started with this approach.…
If you're good at looking at web pages,…
- Evaluating marketing's business contribution
- Analyzing results vs. vanity metrics
- Extracting raw data to build dashboards
- Reducing human errors
- Analyzing marketing activities
- Linking actions to business impact
- Analyzing your account database and contacts database
- Analyzing paid ads and social media
- Using a common framework to analyze marketing activities
- Analyzing individual marketing activities over time
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Marketing Cycle and Business Contribution
2. Analyzing Marketing Activities
3. Improving Marketing Performance Using the Natural Selection Process
Next steps2m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.