To assemble your production budget, you can use any spreadsheet or word processing software along with a calculator. In this video, Walter shows why using a budget specific software like Showbiz Budgeting can make the process faster, easier, and can automatically include protection from overages.
- [Instructor] To assemble your budget,…you can simply use any spreadsheet or word processing…software, along with a calculator.…However, using a budget specific software,…like ShowBiz Budgeting, can make the process faster,…easier, and can automatically include protection…from overages.…You can follow along on ShowBiz or use the templates…I've shared in the exercise files.…So, just as we have specialized software to edit video…and create graphics, ShowBiz Budgeting was created…to do just one thing.…
Create budgets.…The main reason I use this software…is because the templates are preloaded with so many…high level and minute details that include…every little thing that could be necessary for production.…Literally thousands of lines of detail, as you can see here.…Looking through all of those lines helps with all of those,…oh yeah, I almost forgot about that, moments.…You'll see a line item and get reminded to include it.…Like spreadsheet software, ShowBiz Budgeting…does all the computations automatically.…
Plug in the people, like here's this outside props person.…
- Completing a client assessment
- Discerning between client needs versus wants
- Developing a working concept
- Creating time and crew assessments
- Coming up with the budget
- Presenting the proposal
- Revising the budget
- Knowing when to walk away
Skill Level Intermediate
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Intermediate
Script Writing for Nonfiction Videowith Amy DeLouise1h 46m Intermediate
1. Client Assessment
Client need vs. want1m 55s
2. Concept Development
3. Prebudget Production Planning
4. Putting the Budget Together
5. Presenting Your Budget and Proposal
6. Revising the Budget
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.