Every creative company has strengths, weaknesses, and areas where you need to fill in the gaps for a project. In this video, Walter shows the importance of making an honest assessment of your company's abilities; that is, what your company can and cannot do on your own. Knowing where to bring in outside resources can mean the difference between a successful project or an unhappy client.
- Every creative company has strengths,…weaknesses, and areas where you need…to fill in the gaps for a project.…Just as we determine the client's needs,…it's just as important to make an honest assessment…of what your company can and cannot do…on your own to complete the project…by the delivery deadline.…When doing a self assessment,…don't just consider the delivery deadline.…Yeah, it's important to meet that delivery deadline,…but it's just as important to deliver a quality product.…
Now, based on the working concept…that you're going to present to the client,…do you need to bring in outside resources…to deliver a quality project by that client's deadline?…Well, if the answer is yes,…do those outside resources involve people,…equipment, or maybe stock sources like…music, graphics, and effects?…Once you know the resources that you'll need,…make sure you have you the most…up to date rates for each resource.…Never, ever, assume anything.…
Just because something is $100 today…doesn't mean that's what you're going to pay tomorrow.…
- Completing a client assessment
- Discerning between client needs versus wants
- Developing a working concept
- Creating time and crew assessments
- Coming up with the budget
- Presenting the proposal
- Revising the budget
- Knowing when to walk away
Skill Level Intermediate
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Intermediate
Script Writing for Nonfiction Videowith Amy DeLouise1h 46m Intermediate
1. Client Assessment
Client need vs. want1m 55s
2. Concept Development
3. Prebudget Production Planning
4. Putting the Budget Together
5. Presenting Your Budget and Proposal
6. Revising the Budget
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.