- [Voiceover] FileMaker Go, like any other app…on IOS devices can detect gestures from…your users on the device.…Sometimes though there are gestures that…you don't want to detect or…you don't want to react to.…And the one I'm specifically…referring to here is the zoom gesture.…So, here we're looking at FileMaker Go…on an iPad Pro, and I'm going to…go in and I'm going into click in the middle…of the screen and I'm going to…pinch out, which zooms into the layout.…Now in some apps, this is a useful feature,…but in the case of FileMaker Go this is not…an experience that users are going to enjoy,…especially if they're trying to do data entry.…
It can get rather unwieldy rather quickly.…So there's one simple technique to prevent…this from happening and you do this inside…of FileMaker Pro, and it can either be…done at the layout level or at the file level.…So you'll notice that in this exercise file,…under the file and file options there's…a script trigger that runs a script called…"On First Window Open," when the file is first opened.…
- Getting files on the device
- Navigating in FileMaker Go
- Working with data
- Performing finds
- Using container fields
- AV controls
- Signature capture
- Barcode scanning
- Creating layouts optimized for FileMaker Go
- Detecting user gestures
- Communicating with other apps via URL schemes
- Securing your custom apps with Touch ID
- Connecting with iBeacon
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding FileMaker Go
What is FileMaker Go?3m 45s
2. Getting Started with FileMaker Go
Getting files on the device2m 37s
3. Touring the Interface
4. Working with Container Fields in FileMaker Go
5. Building for FileMaker Go
6. Communicating with Other iOS Apps from within FileMaker Go
7. Communicating with iBeacon
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.