- [Voiceover] Since FileMaker Go is really intended only…to run custom applications that you've created elsewhere,…you have to get the files on to the device…in order to use them.…Now, you don't have to…run files that are exclusively just…loaded on to the device, of course,…you can use FileMaker Go to connect to…hosted custom apps as well,…we'll cover that in the next movie.…First we want to talk about…a couple of different ways that you can get the apps…on to the device, meaning either your iPad,…or your iPhone or iPod touch running FileMaker Go for 15.…Another very common way to get…FileMaker custom apps on to the device…is to e-mail them to your device,…or e-mail them to others to open on their device.…
So for example, I have this e-mail here…that came in with an attachment,…and what I can do is select the file,…and it asks me what I want to open it up in…and I will ask it to open it up in FileMaker…and I will say confirm,…and now you see that I've got the file open up.…Very easy to do, just be mindful…of the file size when you're sending these over…
- Getting files on the device
- Navigating in FileMaker Go
- Working with data
- Performing finds
- Using container fields
- AV controls
- Signature capture
- Barcode scanning
- Creating layouts optimized for FileMaker Go
- Detecting user gestures
- Communicating with other apps via URL schemes
- Securing your custom apps with Touch ID
- Connecting with iBeacon
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding FileMaker Go
What is FileMaker Go?3m 45s
2. Getting Started with FileMaker Go
Getting files on the device2m 37s
3. Touring the Interface
4. Working with Container Fields in FileMaker Go
5. Building for FileMaker Go
6. Communicating with Other iOS Apps from within FileMaker Go
7. Communicating with iBeacon
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.