- [Voiceover] When in FileMaker Go on an iOS device,…users can search using find mode…in much the same way that they can using…FileMaker Pro on the desktop.…To enter find mode, you use the find menu…located in the status area.…That's in the upper-right hand corner of your screen.…You'll see this magnifying glass icon.…Now keep in mind if you've chosen to hide…or suppress the status area while programming…the database, your users aren't gonna have access…to these options natively, and you'll have to…create buttons with scripted actions…assigned to them to perform the same tasks,…so perform, find, and all the whole suite…of find or search script steps are fully supported…on FileMaker Go, and you can program them in…just like you would on the desktop versions,…but if you want your users to manually search,…or if you're looking to do this yourself,…you click on the icon in the upper-right hand corner,…and in order to get into find mode,…you hit create new find.…
That does a little bit of an animated effect,…and now has all the different fields that are accessible…
- Getting files on the device
- Navigating in FileMaker Go
- Working with data
- Performing finds
- Using container fields
- AV controls
- Signature capture
- Barcode scanning
- Creating layouts optimized for FileMaker Go
- Detecting user gestures
- Communicating with other apps via URL schemes
- Securing your custom apps with Touch ID
- Connecting with iBeacon
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding FileMaker Go
What is FileMaker Go?3m 45s
2. Getting Started with FileMaker Go
Getting files on the device2m 37s
3. Touring the Interface
4. Working with Container Fields in FileMaker Go
5. Building for FileMaker Go
6. Communicating with Other iOS Apps from within FileMaker Go
7. Communicating with iBeacon
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.