- [Voiceover] FileMaker Go has native support…for barcode scanning using just the device's camera.…Now all you need to do to add barcode scanning…to your FileMaker custom app is to add a container field…to one of your iOS optimized layouts.…So, for example, you see that we've got…this layout here in our exercise file,…that is called Product Details, iPad.…And we have a field in here called Barcode,…and I wanna show you two different ways…that you can insert barcode information into a field.…So, for example, let's say we have a bunch of objects,…in this case it would be inventory, in our stock room.…
Each of them has a barcode, and just for a refresher,…all a barcode is, is a font that looks like a barcode,…but it really represents an ID…or a numeric string of information.…It could be alpha-numeric as well.…So in this case we wanna scan a barcode of an object…and insert the text string represented…by that barcode font into a field.…So there's two ways we could do that,…we go into layout mode, our exercise file is doing both.…
- Getting files on the device
- Navigating in FileMaker Go
- Working with data
- Performing finds
- Using container fields
- AV controls
- Signature capture
- Barcode scanning
- Creating layouts optimized for FileMaker Go
- Detecting user gestures
- Communicating with other apps via URL schemes
- Securing your custom apps with Touch ID
- Connecting with iBeacon
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding FileMaker Go
What is FileMaker Go?3m 45s
2. Getting Started with FileMaker Go
Getting files on the device2m 37s
3. Touring the Interface
4. Working with Container Fields in FileMaker Go
5. Building for FileMaker Go
6. Communicating with Other iOS Apps from within FileMaker Go
7. Communicating with iBeacon
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.