- [Voiceover] So a quick review.…We learned that FileMaker has its own URL scheme…that allows other apps, or emails, or web browsers,…or text documents with links in them, or whatever it is,…to actually send instructions to FileMaker…to find a file that's hosted,…open up the file, tell it what script to run,…and send it maybe even a script variable…or script parameter if you want to.…That can be really powerful if it's FileMaker…sending URL strings as notifications, for example.…But then we looked at how other apps,…specifically on the iOS devices,…have built-in URL schemes that also are supported…and some of them have attributes.…
Well, that can allow us to build that type of functionality…into our FileMaker Go custom apps.…So what I've done is I've created a demo file.…It's actually the exercise file…that's distributed with a solution.…I'm pretty excited about it.…You'll see here that I've got a bunch of examples.…I'm gonna show you how these examples are set up.…It's the same principle really in all of them.…
- Getting files on the device
- Navigating in FileMaker Go
- Working with data
- Performing finds
- Using container fields
- AV controls
- Signature capture
- Barcode scanning
- Creating layouts optimized for FileMaker Go
- Detecting user gestures
- Communicating with other apps via URL schemes
- Securing your custom apps with Touch ID
- Connecting with iBeacon
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding FileMaker Go
What is FileMaker Go?3m 45s
2. Getting Started with FileMaker Go
Getting files on the device2m 37s
3. Touring the Interface
4. Working with Container Fields in FileMaker Go
5. Building for FileMaker Go
6. Communicating with Other iOS Apps from within FileMaker Go
7. Communicating with iBeacon
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.