- [Voiceover] If you're planning on sharing hosted file…maker solutions with users on FileMaker Go, you should…really make sure that before you deploy your solution…that you've assigned passwords…for all the different users.…You should do this as a best practice on any solution…that you deploy whether it's gonna be used on FileMaker Go…or not.…But in the case of FileMaker Go, there are some interesting…things when you're setting up the security for the file…or the access to the file that are specific just to those…Go users.…So, for example, by default, if you go under the File menu…and to File Options, you'll see that your solution…is set to login using the user name and password.…
In this case, the admin and blank password assigned…to the full access privilege set.…The first thing you want to do is turn that off.…Uncheck that option.…And then, you'll also notice that there's the ability…to allow the keychain access for the password, which means…that either on a desktop or on a Go device, you can say…save my login to a password.…
- Getting files on the device
- Navigating in FileMaker Go
- Working with data
- Performing finds
- Using container fields
- AV controls
- Signature capture
- Barcode scanning
- Creating layouts optimized for FileMaker Go
- Detecting user gestures
- Communicating with other apps via URL schemes
- Securing your custom apps with Touch ID
- Connecting with iBeacon
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding FileMaker Go
What is FileMaker Go?3m 45s
2. Getting Started with FileMaker Go
Getting files on the device2m 37s
3. Touring the Interface
4. Working with Container Fields in FileMaker Go
5. Building for FileMaker Go
6. Communicating with Other iOS Apps from within FileMaker Go
7. Communicating with iBeacon
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.